Another Groundbreaking Visioneering Workshop
Each year, the X PRIZE Foundation gathers with its Board of Trustees and thought leaders from around the world to discover, debate and brainstorm solutions to the world’s “Grand Challenges” through incentive prize competitions.
Visioneers Compete to Create the Next X PRIZE
These “Visioneers” convene with one audacious goal in mind: to design prize competitions that will bring about radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity. Teams compete with one another to design and pitch innovative incentivized prize concepts across themes of Education, Energy & Environment, Exploration, Global Development, and Life Sciences in the hopes that theirs will become the next X PRIZE launched. The most recent Visioneering prize concept to be fully realized was the $10 million Qualcomm Tricorder X PRIZE.
Congratulations to This Year’s Winner and Finalists
This year, the top 2012 prize concepts were presented at the Visioneering Results Dinner, in association with Barclays. Voting was lead by Ali Velshi and the winner was determined by the enthusiastic, foot-stomping applause of the crowd.
The final five:
- Empowering the Unpowered (affordable, rural, on-demand energy)
- Sydney By Lunch (high-speed, low-carbon travel from NY to Sydney in less than 2 hours)
- Brain Dashboard (non-invasive, affordable brain health monitor)
- Ed-u-Phone (achieving literacy on a mass scale, sustainably, by tapping into a universal desire for mobile technology)
- Motion of the Ocean (portable, affordable desalination device powered by wave and tidal energy)
Ed-u-Phone took top honors, created by Eric Hirshberg, Anousheh Ansari, Lawrence Aldridge, Atul Jain, and Frank Sullivan.
Experience the Thrill of Visioneering
Have a look at our photo gallery to see what all the excitement was about. And contact us for more information on how you can participate in the X PRIZE mission of truly making the impossible, possible.