Executive Assistant, Climate & Conservation, IT & Infrastructure
Climate & Conservation, IT & Infrastructure
VP Climate, VP Conservation, CTO
XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of over 1M people and rising, delivering truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity. For over 25 years, XPRIZE has used competitions as the most efficient way to leverage philanthropic investment for impact and an exponential return, in some cases multiplying prize purses 10x – 50x. The first-ever XPRIZE competition, the $10 Million Ansari XPRIZE for sub-orbital spaceflight, captured the world’s imagination and catalyzed a multi-billion-dollar commercial private space industry. XPRIZE most recently made headlines by launching the largest incentive prize in history, $100 Million XPRIZE Carbon Removal funded by Elon Musk and the Musk Foundation on Earth Day 2021, with a goal to rebalance Earth’s carbon cycle. In total, XPRIZE has launched 25 competitions with more than $293 Million in prize purses. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level, hands-on administration and will support Executive Leadership Team members of the Foundation including the Vice President, Energy & Climate, Vice President, Biodiversity & Conservation, and Chief Technical Officer. The Executive Assistant will work across time zones as needed to provide professional support to assigned Executives, regardless of location.
- Work with each Executive to determine calendaring support needs.
- Coordinate with Executive team members to align calendars and organize meetings.
- Using discretion, communicate internally and externally regarding scheduling availability as needed with Executive and work teams.
- Manage a heavy calendar, to include scheduling and coordinating calls and meetings. Handle email responses with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand meeting objectives and prioritize frequently changing business needs and key stakeholder demands
- Meeting Logistics
- Ensure Executive team members have all necessary and pertinent meeting participant details. Provide updates to any changes in meeting participation prior to start time and determine with Executive team members if that changes the scope of meeting or requires rescheduling.
- Make sure meeting rooms are always meeting-ready and that all items needed are ready to go: Document distribution, connection of special devices, preparing and stocking whiteboard and supplies, room reservation, set up & arrangement.
- Work with the Executive team to determine which meetings the EA will attend. Take meeting notes, capture deliverables, and report back to the supported Executives.
- Update the Foundation Collaboration Calendar to track any out-of-office occurrences (vacations, travel, etc.) for the office of these Executive team members.
- Travel Arrangements
- Coordinate frequent domestic and international travel to include airfare, hotel, and ground transportation while ensuring all plans fall within the Foundation’s Travel and Entertainment policy.
- General Support
- Processing expense reports.
- Managing Purchase Order process from creation to payment.
- Ordering meals as necessary
- Work with supported teams and other EA/AAs in support of the Foundation.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Prepare Google Slides/ PowerPoint presentations as needed.
- Prepare correspondence including memos, emails and other communiques for a varied audience
- Oversees expense report filing.
- 5+ years of experience supporting multiple C-level Executives.
- 1+ years experience using Google Suite of tools.
- 2+ years experience using MS Office Suite.
- Minimum 1 year experience supporting Executives in different time zones and locations.
- Exceptional organizational abilities and high level of attention to detail.
- Experience working with modern remote-office technologies (Zoom, Slack, Asana, etc.)
- Proven listening, writing and communication skills across various platforms (memos, emails, letters, instant messaging apps.)
- Maintain absolute confidentiality internally and externally.
- Demonstrated maturity and emotional intelligence to handle, direct and/or resolve sensitive matters.
- Anticipate needs and quickly adapt to changes as they arise, overcoming roadblocks before they become problems.
- Ability to multitask, work with conflicting deadlines, manage a heavy calendar, and make adjustments on the spot.
- Self-starter who takes a proactive approach to solve problems.
- Personable, professional and calm demeanor; displays grace under pressure.
- Patience, flexibility, and a good sense of humor.
- Willingness to think and act creatively.
- Action Oriented
- Manages Ambiguity
- Communicates Effectively
- Manages Complexity
- Decision Quality
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Nimble Learning
- Being Resilient
- Situational Adaptability
- Tech Savvy
- Instills Trust
- Optimizes Work Processes
The XPRIZE FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE FOUNDATION implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.