Marketing Specialist, Climate & Conservation
Shared between Marketing Communications, Energy and
Climate Domain, Biodiversity and Conservation Domain
Nikki Batchelor, John Greisberger, Arnaud Cahen
Flexible (XPRIZE operates on Pacific Time)
XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include $10M XPRIZE Rainforest, the $100M XPRIZE Carbon Removal, the $5M XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing, the $5M XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling, the $15 XPRIZE Feed the Next Billion, and the $10M ANA Avatar XPRIZE. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
We're looking for an experienced Marketing Activation Specialist to oversee inbound and outbound demand generation marketing programs focused on inspiration, acquisition, engagement and activation of competing teams, partners, and external stakeholders. This individual will:
- Develop a life-of-prize content and thought leadership strategy, in concert with the Program Leads and Domain Leads, for both the prizes themselves, and the broader topic areas of Energy, Climate Change, Biodiversity, and Conservation.
- Define and execute integrated digital marketing, acquisition and event campaigns designed to raise awareness of XPRIZE Carbon Removal and XPRIZE Rainforest, two of XPRIZE’s largest and highest-profile incentive prize competitions.
- Drive high-quality traffic to our digital platforms, generate prize registration acquisitions, and partner interest.
- Devise and execute multifaceted marketing campaigns around key milestones throughout the lifecycle of each prize, with purposeful funnels, regularly revising them to maximize the quality of leads.
- Coordinate a variety of tasks, including making sure the creatives and copy are up-to-date across campaigns, and running plenty of experiments.
This is a pivotal role for the success of our competitions and programs. This person will work closely with the Program Lead of each prize to oversee and execute marketing and communications activities for the whole lifecycle of each prize. The role is perfect for an experienced demand gen marketer, focusing first on building high-quality acquisition funnels of competing teams, and later on building out storytelling concepts around the competing teams and their innovations, with the goal of generating sustained interest in the competitions and in the broader topics of carbon removal and climate change, and biodiversity and conservation, amplifying the competition goals, and the role of the prize sponsors
This role is a shared role between two key XPRIZE programs: XPRIZE Carbon Removal, and XPRIZE Rainforest. The role’s time allocation should be split roughly 50%/50% between these two projects. Reporting structure will also be shared: reports day to day to XPRIZE Carbon Removal Program Lead and XPRIZE Rainforest Program Lead, and also less frequently to the VP Marketing as a connection to the broader XPRIZE marketing and communications team.
- Identify demand generation opportunities through the lifecycle of prize and pull together activities to cultivate an integrated experience, where target audiences experience multiple touches throughout the prize journey
- Create and execute plans for awareness and competitor acquisition including processes, metrics, test & learn cadence, reporting, and a quantitative modeling that allows for scenario testing
- Work with Prize Leads, Prize operations team, and Domain Leads to identify core messaging, ground-level insight, and technical expertise and develop highly relevant and engaging content that resonates with prospective teams, partners, thought leaders, and other key stakeholders on a global scale
- Working within and interacting on the Marketing Playbook, establish campaign KPIs and success metrics through deep understanding of business objectives, cross-functional team goals and relevant constraints
- Work closely with the Program Leads and sponsor team to align on measurement of campaign activities and define ongoing reporting structure
- Responsible for marketing strategy, campaign planning, storytelling and execution for all aspects of a prize lifecycle (3+ years), including activations, experiences, social media, production, PR, branding, design and collateral.
- Partners with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve marketing goals
- Assist in creating campaign architectures and messaging strategy for XPRIZE Carbon Removal and XPRIZE Rainforest and any program-related impact initiatives stemming from these programs
- Work with analysts/data partners to find data-driven and culturally relevant insights
- Develop briefs and partner with internal/external editorial and creative teams through the strategic and concepting process
- Exhibit high-quality writing and storytelling ability
- Devise integrated B2B marketing campaigns focusing on acquiring high-quality leads
- Work closely with the VP Marketing to align the marketing and business goals
- Diligently track marketing spending in collaboration with Prize Lead and update VP Marketing / CMO on marketing spends within the overall Prize budget managed by Prize Lead
- Devise and measure KPIs for campaigns
- 5+ years of proven experience in demand generation, campaign management, full-funnel strategy planning, marketing and communications planning or a role with a similar capacity
- Experience with climate change, biodiversity, conservation, energy innovation, and/or sustainability is highly preferred
- 4-year relevant college or university degree
- Experience with the publications, key voices, debates, narrative, and cultural context of climate change and biodiversity and conversation
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Experienced B2B marketing professional
- Strong working experience in data analysis and reporting is a must
- Strong familiarity with common paid acquisition platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Business Manager, LinkedIn Ads)
- Proficient with Powerpoint/Keynote/Google Slides etc for creating and sharing slide presentations
- A critical thinker able to make quick decisions
- Highly collaborative
- Comfortable working in collaborative, integrated teams
The XPRIZE FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE FOUNDATION implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.