XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include $10M XPRIZE Rainforest, $5M XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing, $5M XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling, the $15 XPRIZE Feed the Next Billion, the $100M XPRIZE Carbon Removal, and the $10M ANA Avatar XPRIZE. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
XPRIZE is seeking an experienced Social Media Community Manager. The Social Media Community Manager will develop XPRIZE’s Social & Community Strategy together with their reporting Manager, our Director of Content. This role is responsible for the complete day-to-day execution, analysis and optimization of the plan. This role will be XPRIZE’s de facto expert for all things organic Social and Community management
- Develop Strategy together with Director of Content:
- Execute digital ecosystem strategy – optimizing messaging for priority platforms working together with traditional PR tactics, and how they contribute to overall business and prize objectives including raising awareness, team recruitment, advocacy and behavior change among multiple audiences – from technical to mainstream consumer.
- Spearhead digital content development execution. From concept to delivery, working with the production team to create a consistent flow of engaging and interesting digital content for the XPRIZE online audience.
- Leverage XPRIZE’s ecosystem of subject matter experts to deepen and extend relationships, leveraging their subject matter expertise and audience reach to grow XPRIZE audience, deepen our credibility with them, and foster quality engagement and advocacy per overall marketing objectives.
- Stay abreast of the latest digital trends and best practices, and incorporate into XPRIZE’s overall digital strategy and implementation.
- Partner with brands and/or media partners to develop joint-content ventures for digital/social.
- Ensure continued growth of social footprint through content creation and publishing.
- Execute, analyze and optimize the day-to-day execution of the plan:
- Partner with Prize Marketing Directors to translate Prize Marketing campaigns into weekly/monthly social and community engagement campaigns that expand audience reach and engagement over time; not just one-off executions each day.
- Weekly analysis of Social & Community KPI’s with recommendations on areas for course correction, and lead advisor on the tools we need for the monitoring and execution of digital strategy.
- Partner with creative team (graphic design, web, video production) to lead the development and production of content that appeals to the audience, and unique role, of each digital channel.
- Writes majority of micro-content, with focus on ensuring technical information, storytelling and calls-to-action are target relevant. We have both highly technical/thought-leader Communities, and also mainstream consumer/follower communities, each requiring distinct ways of conveying the same messages.
- Produce simple imagery and gifs. Function as a nimble, relevant digital producer working with creative on the more complex content.
- Partner with PR ensuring earned placements work together with content XPRIZE posts on our owned channels
- Occasionally, develop paid social media campaigns as part of integrated Earned + Owned + Paid campaign, focusing on boosting owned content to amplify reach, and targeting potential competing teams with targeted, strategic Facebook and/or LinkedIn buys.
- Create social toolkits for stakeholders, leveraging existing templates and providing education and support internally and externally.
- 3-5 years’ experience in social media, community management and/or digital strategy
- Expertise executing specific content optimized to the unique audience and use of each channel (FB, Twitter, Google+, etc), vs simply reposting same content across all channels. This should include writing and editing short and long-form content
- You are a Storyteller – with words, images and video
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple campaigns across unrelated Prizes, and juggle competing and changing priorities
- Demonstrated experience nurturing AND growing a fan base
- Experience identifying key influencers, building relationships and activating partnerships
- Experience with content publishing, social listening and analytics tools (eg Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Social Flow, Facebook & Twitter native tools, Sprinklr, Google Analytics, Net Base, Nielsen, BuzzMetrics), with ability to quickly learn XPRIZE platform if it’s new to you
- Experience with paid social media campaigns
- Ability to create social-first content (memes, gits, short video)
- Hands-on. Exceptional attention to detail. Self-motivated and takes initiative. Positive, can-do attitude
- Photography, videography, design and production skills are preferred but not required
- Preferred experience, knowledge, and/or passion for one or more of our relevant verticals: Energy & Environment, Exploration (Space & Oceans), Life Sciences, Global Development, and Education/Learning.
The XPRIZE FOUNDATION is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE FOUNDATION implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.